The Essential Guide to Display Screen Equipment
Organisations with 5 or more desk-based employees are duty bound to analyse workstations in order to assess and reduce risk to the workforce. The primary purpose of this course is to help organisations comply with the Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Health and Safety Regulations, while also assisting with the reduction in employee absenteeism through injuries and improving the well-being and performance of staff.
However, this package is much more than just another dry HSE bore-fest. The course also includes extensive, and very useful, information about posture, and provides learners with a free practical manual that makes adjusting their workstation as easy as 1-2-3.
The course was designed in cooperation with leading expert Rachel Stevens from Optimum Performance Training Ltd, who has over 25 years' experience of providing posture training, DSE workstation assessments and musculoskeletal advice.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the importance of DSE workstation assessments
- Identify whether you are a high, medium or low-risk user
- Recognise the effects of poor posture
- Adjust your posture so you have a good posture while working
- Adjust your workstation to suit you
- Carry out a DSE risk assessment
Topics explored in this course:
- Health and Safety DSE Regulations
- DSE user risk levels
- Good and poor posture
- Step-by-step adjustments to workstations
- Workplace assessment
Audience: Anybody that works behind a computer for two or more hours a day
Course duration: 35 minutes